Oswald Defense Lawyer

"His mouth is in his brain"

Monday, October 31, 2005

Under Duress

I was recently appointed to represent an eleven-year-old boy accused of burglarizing a school. The boy claims that he was bullied into it by older, tougher boys. While researching the defense of duress, I could not get out of my head the following lyrical gem from Mr. Don Van Vliet:

I saw you dancin' baby in your x-ray gingham dress
I knew you were under duress
I knew you were under your dress
Just keep comin' Jesus
You're the best dressed*

Now it's in my head again.

* From "My Human Gets Me Blues" on the Trout Mask Replica album.

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Nimiwey said...

I'm under extrene emotional duress @#@!^#$^$$^$##!@$%$Z%Z&%^#@%#$&^%YWW%$@%#@$&!!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Nimiwey said...

I kinda doubt he was bullied, hon. Good luck though.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger juniper said...

The Juvenile Justice System sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home