Oswald Defense Lawyer

"His mouth is in his brain"

Sunday, August 21, 2005

D'oh

Well, I'm still in trial. There are a few interesting things about the trial which I'll be reporting after it finishes up this week. In the meantime here's a funny little incident that occurred a couple of weeks prior to the inception of this blog.

Johnny had just been charged with robbery arising out of some sort of sleazy motel-room shakedown involving a "client" of Johnny's "girlfriend," Tanya. Although Johnny described Tanya to the police as his "girlfriend," it seemed pretty clear from the police reports that she was not your typical "girlfriend."

So after talking briefly with Johnny (who was in custody) I went back into the courtroom to wait for his case to be called. While I waited, a young lady in the audience asked me if I was Johnny's lawyer.
Me: "Who are you?"
Her: "I'm Johnny's girlfriend."
Me: "Aah, so you must be Tanya."
Johnny's girlfriend (note: no quote marks): "Who the fuck is Tanya? My name is Monica!"
Me: "Erm. Okay. I gotta go. Bye."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home